I had something I wanted to blog about... and it went right out of my head. Bummer. What ever it WAS It thought was going to be good. LOL
My youngest and I went to pick out some plants today. We will be planting them at church as part of his youth groups beatification project. Our only instruction was it had to be a plant that would tolerate full sun. So... we looked at plants in my price range. I don't even know what kind we picked out but the tag said Full Sun. They are yellow flowers and really pretty. In fact as we pushed them around the store - Wally World because I also needed a few groceries and wanted to just make it one errand instead of two., we received numerous compliments on our plants. LOL Truth be told I bought one for my butterfly garden. When we got home a huge butterfly was flying all around the house.
I have not been able to get vegetables to grow in my "box garden" but I keep trying. Our butterfly garden is really beginning to expand though and it is drawing in a variety of butterfly's. The photographer in us loves that! We have to take down a dead Live Oak tree before I can expand my butterfly garden. It's huge and we have only gotten the limbs and branches cut off the monster a couple years ago. The tree actually was killed in Hurricane Frances in 2004. I must say the wood peckers and cardinals love what is left of the tree so that is partly why I haven't done anything with it and it's partly because it's about 20 feet tall and to wide for our saw to cut through. The local tree trimmers offer to cut it down but their offers have been a bit on the shady side so alas the tree still stands. Did I mention I love watching the birds in that tree?
My oldest son is convinced that the reason the butterfly plants do so well is they are native to Florida where as the vegetables simply will not grow in the sand. I keep buying potting soil, and manure to add to my vegetable beds but it just doesn't seem to work... or maybe I'm not watering them often enough? That's probably more the case.
The picture is just a flower in my flower bed... I couldn't find my butterfly plant photos. You can see my Aloe Vera plants in the back ground. I can grow those with out even trying! My front flower bed if full of those! And yes, they do work on burns.
No comments:
Post a Comment